The East Coast Heritage Museum is administered by the Glamorgan Spring Bay Council.
East Coast Heritage Museum and War Memorial collects, exhibits and preserves artefacts from the Glamorgan Spring Bay Municipality for the community, visitors and for future generations.
Our collection has over 3000 books, documents, photographs and objects from pins to petticoats. Our collection is housed in a museum standard facility using best museum practice.
Over 98% of our collection has been entered into Collections Mosaic Plus software and is available for visitors to search.
Working closely with the Glamorgan Spring Bay Historical Society allows us to give visitors a greater understanding of history in our area.
Maureen Martin Ferris
The museum collects only objects relating to the municipality of Glamorgan Spring Bay by donation, purchase or bequest.
Our policy is to not accept long term loans.
Built in 1860 by James Hurst as a school and teachers residence. Our building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register.
In 1924 the building was purchased by the community and became known as the Glamorgan War Memorial Institute ...